Rep. Lever Springs

Rick.Florence@ASU.Edu Rick.Florence@ASU.Edu
Tue, 09 Jan 1996 11:41:11 -0700

>>Why are so many piano makers still using the butterfly type rep. lever
>>spring?
>
>It has proven to be the best design from a repetition standpoint.
>Once learned, techniques for adjusting are quick and easy.
>
>It's also elegantly simple in construction.
>
>If your having trouble adjusting the butterfly type spring, seek the advice
>from someone who know's how to adjust them.
>
>My best tool is made from a mute wire handle, copied from a regulator at
>Steinway.
>
>D Stanwood

I agree that the butterfly whippen is a superior design.  Although it does
take some practice, having the right tool helps.  Get Glen Hart's tool - it
makes the job so much easier.  A number of the suppliers carry it.

----
Rick Florence, Piano Technician
 Arizona State University School of Music
 Rick.Florence@ASU.Edu