A plea for public response!

Arlie D. Rauch adarpub@servco.com
Wed, 10 Jan 1996 21:04:01 -0700

>The question of "guest" vs. "lurker" vs "??????" has been batted
>around quite a bit here lately. Can we hear from you, Jack Reeves, as
>to whether or not "guests" who are not necessarily university techs
>are welcome to participate in discussions? Or, is this a situation
>where we are to be respectfully silent to our brethren for whom this
>list was originally created?
>Personally I love to read the posts from all who experience different
>problems than I do. I would feel that this oportunity would be greatly
>stunted if we were not welcome to hear from everyone.       ....just
>my opinion.
>                        Greg Newell

I second the motion.  And maybe "university tech" should be defined so all
know what the correct frequency is.  No doubt I would be inharmonic and my
comments worth only a few cents, though I do have a Masters in Music from
the University of Nebraska and could on some occasions and on some subjects
communicate intelligently with a university tech.

I do enjoy the discussions, but I will be quiet from now on, if I have
offended any.  That is, unless I have a REALLY important comment or
question.

Arlie D. Rauch
Glendive, MT