A plea for public response!

FirTree@aol.com FirTree@aol.com
Fri, 12 Jan 1996 02:39:30 -0500

>The question of "guest" vs. "lurker" vs "??????" has been batted
>around quite a bit here lately.

In the last few months that I have subscribed to Pianotech, the discussion of
who the list is for has come up mostly when things were going to far afield.
Personalized political discussions, perhaps subjects way off and gone from
taking care of pianos.

Seems to me Jack was kinda like the teacher in a grade school yelling,
"Class! Settle down!"

As long as the subject matter is germane, I doubt anyone will object.

Having said that, I think we ought to have a PTG listserve, and NOT just for
PTG politics. A full fledged forum with perhaps more of a private practice
emphasis seems to be what we are headed for anyway. Politics would be a side
discussion. I, for one, do not go to chapter meetings to hear big-winded
nit-picking.

Dave Stocker, RPT
firtree@aol.com
Tumwater, WA

BTW a former CAUT at the Evergreen State College, where I quit because I got
tired of the incredibly personal politics. God bless Mitch Kiel, who seems to
thrive on it.