Cleaning up

Jim_Harvey@yca.ccmail.compuserve.com Jim_Harvey@yca.ccmail.compuserve.com
Mon, 29 Jan 1996 17:33:30 -0500 (EST)

     John M./others,

     Don't get excited. This cleaning up is not about money!

     A while back, as an aside to cleaning keys, we were discussing
     hand washing to prevent the spread of undesirable 'cooties'.

     I mentioned carrying a small container of anti-bacterial soap, to
     which John Musselwhite questioned whether this was available in a
     prepackaged form.

     While not a new product, for some time I had been unable to find
     a source for "WASH'n DRI", a one-shot, disposable moist
     towelette. I had experimented with variations, such as baby
     wipes, but found them unsatisfactory. Since these threads, I've
     found the originals again. However, unlike before, they now
     promote an antibacterial formula on the package.

     Available in boxes of 20, the rap goes: "Antibacterial WASH'n DRI
     towelletess are the convenient way to clean up when soap and
     water are not available. Each towelette contains mild cleaning
     ingredients and moisturizers, leaving your skin feeling fresh,
     soft and protected against drying. Plus, its Antibacterial
     Formula [caps theirs] helps to kill bacteria.

     Active Ingredient: Benzalkonium Chloride
     Other stuff: Water, SD Alcohol 40, Benzoic Acid, Sodium
     Bicardonate [not a typo], fragrance, Nonoxynol-9, PEG-75 Lanolin.

     Distributed by Colgate-Palmolive Co.
     Consumer Affairs Number: 1-800-221-4607

     And now we know/Jim Harvey RPT