Boston upright pianos

Tunrboy@aol.com Tunrboy@aol.com
Mon, 29 Jan 1996 23:30:21 -0500

Joseph,

I work for a dealer here in Boise which carries among others, Kawai, Steinway
and Boston.  We received a shipment of Bostons around the end of October on a
trial basis and I have to say that I'm quite impressed.
The uprights we received looked identical to Kawai UST-7's  The notable
exception is all wood construction in the action.  The scale *looks* the same
(I have not picked it apart).  All respect to everyone else, but I have had
no problems with these pianos (other than the usual- in need of pitch
raising, a little hammer filing and voicing).  In short, they look and sound
like souped-up Kawais and will recommend them without hesitation.  Oh, you
might have a look at the tenor break wound strings.  Sometimes they are
uneven lengths on the unison.  Ray has told me to trim them to equal (or
correspondingly equal) lengths.
Best of luck,

Eric Leatha
tunrboy@aol.com