cutting felt.

Greg Newell gnewell@en.com
Mon, 29 Jan 1996 18:19:53 -0500 (EST)

Everyone,
      I just read a post about ripping felt for rebushing a guide rail.
PLEASE, don't do this untill you've tried my wife's new toy. She is in
to quilting lately and has found this simply wonderful tool we ALL
should have. Pay attention all you tool nuts out there. If you like to
have a clean edge on the felt that you cut go to the fabric store and
buy yourself a rotary cutter and self healing mat. Since I tried this
after seeing it work for my wife I'll never go back to scissors or
straight razor blades. The idea is a round razor blade that simply
rolls along, cleanly slicing in a perfect straight line. I too used to
rip the felt, but no more. I found that with this method all my
refelting jobs are much cleaner looking and in the case of rebusing
guide rails and such the results are much smoother and consistent. I
implore you all ... try it! Does it sound like I should sell these?
                                    Greg
Get WARPed NOW!!!!
Greg & Mary Ellen Newell
Greg's Piano Forte'