REPLACEMENT LEGS

Thomas C. Cobble cobble@urvax.urich.edu
Mon, 04 Mar 1996 19:32:12 -0500 (EST)

>>A fellow technician wants to replace the "double" legs on a 1926 Cable
>Nelson
>>grand, so that it may fit onto a rollable truck.
>
>I'd modify the dolly instead of the legs.
>
>Bob Davis

>From your message of 03/01/96 concerning the double trouble with grand legs...
I have done numerous truck adaptions to accomodate the double leg problem. I
make an elongated plate with two sockets for the casters to sit in. Get some
bar stock steel and drill to fit the original holes. Using a milder steel or
even aluminum plate, bend slightly the edges up to form the four-sided well
to fit the caster. Remember to install with washers to allow it to move for
positioning. Good Luck.

Bob Bartnik ( kibbitzing at my friend's house )
at cobble@uevax.urich.edu>