reminder poem

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Mon, 04 Mar 1996 21:35:13 -0500

A number of years ago our friend, Guy McKay, may he rest in peace, wrote a
lovely poem which he graciously allowed all of to use, to remind our
customers that it was time to get the piano tuned. I have used this poem for
many years, and it has gotten a lot of positive comments from my customers.

Well, I finally decided it was time to give my customers something else to
read. Therefore I asked my wife, Jan, a poet of some sorts, to come up with
something different. She came up with this limmerick. She has agreed to let
all of you use it, provided you give her credit. It's nothing fancy, and it
won't win any prizes, but you it might get a chuckle from your customers, and
maybe even an extra tuning.

Here it goes.

I once had a piano in tune -
It might have been some year in June.