Piano Poem

Les Smith lessmith@buffnet.net
Tue, 05 Mar 1996 21:07:31 -0500 (EST)

Greetings, All. After reading the piano tuning reminder poem that re-
cently appeared here, I just HAD to write one of my own! It's entitled
"Tuning the Piano" and is respectfully dedicated to Keith McGavern.

			Tuning the Piano

		   When I bought my Steinway grand,
		   many years ago,
		   They told me I should have it tuned
		   twice a year, or so.
		   But I used to think, "those tuners guys,
		   they really charge alot!"
		   So once a decade it was tuned
		   if it needed it or not!

		   And I always thought my Steinway grand
		   was doing really well,
		   Until one day a friend told me:
		   "Your Kimball sounds like Hell!
		   Why don't you trade that clunker in
		   on something really good?
		   I hear that there's a Young-Chang dealer
		   in your neighborhood!"

		   I must admit that my friends words
		   sure opened up my eyes,
		   'cause regular tunings, I had thought