tuning exam.

delgit@afm.org delgit@afm.org
Wed, 06 Mar 1996 20:21:46 -0500 (EST)

IM>Hello.I'm an associate who has passed the written and tech. exams.I plan on
IM>taking my tuning test this year.My question is has anyone taken the exam usi
IM>the Hale Sight-O-Tuner?Is this device to dated?I hope to take the test
IM>aurally,but just in case.
IM>                                     Best Mike
IM>                                  mds@lns62.lns.cornell.edu

Mike,
   Last summer the PTG Council voted to change the exam for people using
a ETD (Electronic Tuning Device).  You HAVE to take the aural portion
FIRST.  If you can pass at 80% aurally why take the electronic portion?
That way you won't be condemed as an electronic tuner.

Del Gittinger, RPT
72056.2032@compuserve.com
delgit@afm.org
Marion, OH