Water Level (from 2/28/96)

PIANOBIZ@aol.com PIANOBIZ@aol.com
Wed, 06 Mar 1996 21:30:57 -0500

>Bob Mair
>1)  More effective pads over a longer period of time.  The water at the
>level just after the warning light comes on would have to be pulled by
capillary
>action only 4 1/2 inches as compared to the 7 1/4 inches it has to travel
now.  This
>would make it easier to keep the pads wet and easier to wick water to the
top of
>the heater bar.

Bob

My question regarding the water level:  Is the upright humidifying unit
really more effective when the water level is high?  That would determine for
me whether or not I wanted the probes short or long.  I don't think people
mind filling the unit more often and I think the emphasis should be on the
best function.  A simple study of the two levels might be in order to
determine which water level releases the most water.  I would guess the
higher level provides faster evaporation as you have suggested, but I
couldn't say without testing because the longer wick on the lower water level
may provide more evaporative surface.(?)

>     3)  Makes it the same as the grand.  This reduces the opportunity for
>confusion as to which tank gets 2 watering cans of water and which gets 1.

Regarding consistancy between the upright and the grand unit, i.e. one or two
watering cans of water when the light goes on, if each unit comes with a the
correct number for refilling, on the watering can, there really isn't a
confusion issue.  Everybody should read the instruction label on the provided
can.  This label would give the correct instructions for this unit.

Hope this is helpful,
David Sanderson
Pianobiz@aol.com