Piano use policy for outside groups (fwd)

L. Davidson Lamoreaux 102555.33@compuserve.com
Sat, 09 Mar 1996 08:23:08 -0500 (EST)

quote Ed Foote
"I wish this thread would stay public on the list here,  I, for one,  will
"always be interested in how piano use is expensed.

I second that heartily Ed.  I share the duties of piano care with Wade
Moroughan, RPT  at Levine School of Music in DC. I have primary care of the
performance space instruments (Schimmel 6'8 and Yamaha 7'4) and Wade takes care
of other 30 some various pianos. We of course cover for each other and get
outside help occasionally when it gets overwhelming.

The use of the school facilities is a hot issue occasionally and especially when
an outside group ( which pays a pittance) is neglectful or downright damaging to
the instruments or facility. There isn't a clear enough policy on what is
expected and sometimes the lack sends us up the wall!

This discussion could prove very valuable to a good number of us. Thanks for the
input from wherever.

David Lamoreaux, RPT
Wash. DC chap. PTG