Otto Higel Co

Kenneth W. Burton kwburton@freenet.calgary.ab.ca
Mon, 11 Mar 1996 06:26:38 -0700 (MST)

      Lawrence,

      This may sound brutal, but I do it all the time. I would set my
starting note at A455 and pull the pitch up in one pass. Of course, I
stripmute the whole piano and raise all the middle strings, then all the
left strings, then all the right strings. Rarely is string breakage a
problem.
      I feel that a piano which is not at A440 is not in tune.

      Ken Burton        SEE YOU AT SEASIDE!
      "Doctor Piano"
     Calgary, Alberta