Re plastic jacks

Ray Hopland hoplandr@cadvision.com
Mon, 11 Mar 1996 20:02:29 -0700

Barb;

        With all the parts that are plastic the butt flanges must be plastic
also.  I recently did a Story & Clark that had plastic butt flanges, wippen
flanges, complete dampers (Flange and lever), jacks and backchecks.  All the
plastic had to be replaced.  The jack flanges were not plastic.  I ordered
all the replacement parts from Schaff.  The pinning was not a problem as far
as time but bending the dampers to achieve the right angle was another
matter.  I made a jig to do this but it would be difficult to describe in
text form.  If you want more info re this, email me off line and if you have
a fax I will send you some further info and diagrams.

        By the way I didn't get rich on this job but it was fun.

Ray Hopland