85 note pianos

Les Smith lessmith@buffnet.net
Tue, 12 Mar 1996 09:58:03 -0500 (EST)

Hi, Jim. Not meaning to start a "stupidist questions" thread, but I think
I once tuned for the brother of the guy who wanted to add the missing three
notes to his 85 note Steinway. When I got there to tune his grand piano, he
already had the music desk out of the instrument. In all seriousness, he
pointed to the plate brace at the bass break and asked me if I could remove
it so that we could "even out" the damper line and eliminate the "crooked"
dampers!

Les Smith
lessmith@buffnet.net