Is it just me?

Tunrboy@aol.com Tunrboy@aol.com
Sun, 17 Mar 1996 00:25:41 -0500

> I wish during these times they would at least say, "WOULD
>YOU LIKE A CUP OF COFFEE?" Instead, and inevitably, it's "HOW MUCH
>LONGER ARE YOU GOING TO BE?"

People ask me if I'd like a cup of coffee when I *show up* .  Gee, what does
that say?

But seriously folks.  I thought about this post today and kept laughing.
 You've described 45% of my tunings and 90% of my aggravation.  Here's what
I've found:
1)  People whistle, hum and sing.  Sometimes it is voluntary, but 9 times out
of 10 its INVOLUNTARY and they are completely oblivious!  I'm still too
polite to ask them to knock it off.
2)  Children in music stores are beasts.  They delight in finding an untuned
piano (10 to 20 cents flat) and pounding simultaneously the corresponding
note.  Solution:  This happens most on Saturdays.  Consequently, I informed
my boss that if he wanted anything tuned on Saturdays, it would be
double-charge.  I related the aforementioned anecdote.  I now have a boss who
removes the little cretins.
3)  I believe you Jim.  I think it was you, Jim, who made the suggestion to
new technicians to "learn a little Zen" in the PTG Source book for tuning
exams.  That has ALWAYS been my guide for stage hands (and everything else
thrown at me).  I can wait, they can't.  I am the mountain- they are the
stream.

Peace, Love and all that Jazz,
Eric Leatha
tunrboy@aol.com