Quick Elbow replacement. Was Foredom tool

Tunrboy@aol.com Tunrboy@aol.com
Tue, 19 Mar 1996 00:45:21 -0500

>You asked for addtional use of the Foredom tool. I have one more use.

>I use it to replace plastic elbows. I clamp the handgrip to the bench, and
>then put  the sticker into the chuck and tighten it. Step on the foot pedal,
>and the sticker will turn. Obviously you have to have the drill go inthe
>right direction to either remove the old elbow, or attack the new elbow. A
>bit of caution whould be used when doing this. ALways hold on to the
sticker,
>otherwise it will wobble out of control and break at the chuck.

Oooo, ooo, ooo!  Do I have a trick for you!  If you're using a foredom tool
to twist on those little PLASTIC replacement elbows, you'll like-nay- LOVE
this.  I use a small propane torch to heat the sticker tip (3-5 seconds in
the flame, threaded end) and *slide* the new PLASTIC elbow on.  Of course
care must also be exercised not to sink the sticker too deep, but too shallow
is easily remedied with a few twists.
I don't heat the sticker long, so I don't need gloves or pliers, bare hands
only.  Putting new elbows on takes about 5-10 minutes this way.  Using this
trick I have replaced a set of elbows (Vagias Snap-ons) in 1 1/2 hours (from
opening piano to walking out door).

Eric Leatha
tunrboy@aol.com