Bushmaster question

Tcoates@aol.com Tcoates@aol.com
Sat, 30 Mar 1996 11:08:33 -0500

I have been using the Bushmaster System for at least four years (sometimes
years seem to blend together).  The critical area that is not addressed in
the instructions is the mortise size.  Uniform friction is partially a result
of all the mortises being the same.

I made tools from small files sandwiched together.  I used veneer between the
two small files to control the thickness.  I had to experiment to find the
correct size, as what math tells me should work, didn't.  I found a narrower
mortise is better.  I believe Bill Spurlock (I may be wrong) suggests this
prep work on the mortises.  It adds one more step in the process, but is well
worth it.

I now get nicely fitted bushings with no adjustment when done.

Tim Coates