Dead Note

Richard m remoody@iw.net
Fri, 08 Nov 1996 11:07:06 -0600

----------
> From: Newton Hunt <nhunt@rci.rutgers.edu>
> To: pianotech@byu.edu
> Subject: Re: Dead Note
> Date: Friday, November 08, 1996 7:16 AM
>
> Before operating I would suggest a few investigations first.  If you
have
> already done this please forgive nose in business.
>
> snip good stuff

Remove bridge pin on one string to double
> check and make sure there is no negative bearing or far too much
bearing..

snip ... more good stuf.
> 	Let us know what you find.
> 		Newton

Good idea.  Never thought or heard of that. Probably just the rear pin
needs to be removed, right?   A lot of things could be checked for,, front
bearing, back bearing, swagger irregularity.   If too little bearing grind
down the bearing ridge if any, or plate hump comming from the strut.   .