Knuckles

William Bailer Wbailer@concentric.net
Fri, 08 Nov 1996 11:44:07 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 8 Nov 1996, oorebeek wrote:

>Try spraying McLube on the bridge it mostly helps
>
>>I have a customer with 25 yr old 'M'.  The knuckles are dense
>>and make noise when the jack returns.
>>Question: Can they be softened?
>>Either by; ever so slightly stretching the buckskin with a small needle
>>between that and the felt. Or using a small drill in the felt to relieve
>>some of the density? ?
>>Of course replacment would be best, but if it came to that; I'd
>>recommend new s/f. This has the beloved teflon 'perma-click' action.
>>I 'm trying to figure an easy way out for my customer.
>>Thanks,
>
>Andr=E9 Oorebeek

Andri,

First, just a comment on message format.  You quote another technician
but chopped off his name.  When you then place your new message at the
top, the whole thing becomes a confused mess.  I realise that there are
people here who defend that practice, but it is bad manners here on the
net, and turns strings into mish-mash.

Sorry for my "severity" about the message format issue, but I believe we
need to conform to conventions that are "time-proven."

Now for your comment, which I will quote again here (in chronological
order!):

>Try spraying McLube on the bridge it mostly helps

I'm confused! I really don't know what you mean. Maybe you could
paraphrase it for me? Honest, I don't have a clue!

Bill Bailer

\\\  William Bailer                              wbailer@cris.com
\\\  Rochester, NY, USA                       phone: 716-473-9556
\\\  Interests: acoustics, JSBach, anthropology, piano technology