Hale Electrofork Crystal <"Hale Electrofork Crystal"@amenti.rutgers.edu> (Nov 8, 2:25pm)

Newton Hunt nhunt@rci.rutgers.edu
Fri, 08 Nov 1996 20:20:45 -0500

Hi, Paul, I have missed your input here for some while and am glad to see you
back.

I would like to describe a tool I have made from a cut off end of a pinblock.
It has two notches across the bottom to accomodate actions screws and drop
screws.  Being right handed I have shaped to so it looks similar to a reversed
capital L.  The bottom leg is for my hand to rest and hold the tool down
firmly.  The upper leg is rounded for comfort.  It measures about 5.250 inches
mottom to top.  The right front edge is notched to accomodate a hammer shank
held pertically and further notched at the top to accomodate the hammer.  The
purpose for this tools it to allow me to some some severe work on the hammer or
shank without risting pinning.  I have shaped and roughed tails.  I have cut
off excess shank ends, and done some lateral voicing.  It is not hard to make
with bandsaw and belt sander and has few uses, but when you need it, you REALLY
need it.

Hey, Paul, since you broke your antique toy, go get a better one from Al
Sanderson.  His new Accu-Fork is something nice.

	Newton
	nhunt@rci.rutgers.edu