Shift Damping Was backchecks

Jim pianotoo@IMAP2.ASU.EDU
Fri, 08 Nov 1996 22:17:23 -0700 (mst)

Dear Tom:

This is a common problem.  This is why Bosendorfer does not shift
completely off the left string. When the action does shift completely
off the left string, the left string keeps the damper from following
the other two strings for half of the strings up and down cyle
during the attempt to dampen the note.
This is expecially true with the flat dampers, not so true with
the wedges - trichords, bichords.  The only thing that bugs me worse
than this is when an artist plays FFF with the full shift pedal down.
That will knock out anybody's unisons.

Jim Coleman, Sr.

PS my middle initial is W.  stands for Unisons Unisons