FAC problem

Keith A. McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Fri, 08 Nov 1996 22:41:19 -0600 (CST)

>...I have come accross one propblem that hopefully you can help with. On so=
me
>pianos, when I try to measure the stretch on F4, with the SAT set to F6, th=
>lights don't light up. I can just barely see them after about 2 seconds. I
>noticed it first on an Acrosonic, where F4 is a wound string, and thought
>that was the problem. But then I had the same problem today with a Knabe
>grand, where F4 is a plain string...
>Willem Blees  RPT
>St. Louis

Dear Wim,

=46or those times the lights don't light up, try relocating the SAT and/or
plucking the string.  Also, FYI wound strings are not customarily measured
for FAC readings, only plain music wire.  There is much in the archives on
this.

Keith A. McGavern
kam544@ionet.net
Registered Piano Technician