Knuckle removal > Installation >

JIMRPT@aol.com JIMRPT@aol.com
Mon, 11 Nov 1996 16:18:18 -0500

Barrie

"I was always taught to put rollers on with the smooth nap running with
the jack, the reason for this was prolongs the life of the roller makes
a smoother drop, and there is a gap above the jack and repetition lever
to assist the return of the jack against the grain of the leather."
---
I was also taught to put them on this way "running with the jack" or from the
hammer to the flange. I can't think of a time when I've (puposefully) put
knuckles on running the opposite way.

"I was also taught to do it this way for a lighter touch.   in the U.S.
they do it the opposite way as you desire a more prominent after touch
than in the U.K."
--
The nap running with the jack definitely provides for a smoother release.
I currently have shanks from four suppliers, Renner, Abel, Tokiwa, Yamaha,

List if I'm wrong let me know.
My Best Barrie.
Jim Bryant (FL)