Hale Site-O-Tuner

Don Rose drose@dlcwest.com
Wed, 13 Nov 1996 23:38:52 -0600

>Greg,
>
>This issue about the usefullness of tuning devices versus aural tuning has
>been over-discussed already in this forum.  If you want a long answer and
>have access to World Wide Web, I would suggest you go to the searchable
>gopher (you can get it from the Piano Page) and type in anything like
>"Sight-O-Tuner", "Accu-Tuner", "Accutuner" or "SAT" and you will get enough
>to spend several nights reading the discussions about the subject.
>
>Michel Lachance, RPT

Dear Michel and list,

I do not agree that any topic concerning tuning could possible be
"over-discussed". The world of "tuning devices" has changed. We need to know
about the latests tools. Very few technicians have the luxury of not tuning
for a living. Anything we can learn about to help us "do the job" either
more quickly or more accurately is IMPORTANT! (Yes, my first shout ever on
this list!)

Regards,
"Tuner for the Centre of the Arts"
drose@dlcwest.com