why charge more?

Don Rose drose@dlcwest.com
Wed, 13 Nov 1996 23:38:53 -0600

At 10:56 PM 11/13/96 -0500, you wrote:

>I am bothered by someone who does this. My lawyer charges me more to represent
>me in front of a judge, than to answer my legal questions. My thought is,
>does he have to use a different brain to stand in front of a judge?
>
>This whole area of charging different rates for different work is scary.
>Where do you draw the line?
>
>Willem Blees RPT
>St.Louis.

Dear Mr. Blees:

I suppose you never charge "extra". I.E. you have one standard tuning fee
whether the piano is in your shop or 400 miles away?

The Lawyer has to get to and from the Judge. He does not charge you
"transportation" fees. He simple charges more per hour for the time in the
court.

Regards,
"Tuner for the Centre of the Arts"
drose@dlcwest.com