Yamaha/Kluge Punchings

Avery Todd ATodd@UH.EDU
Thu, 14 Nov 1996 08:04:08 -0600

Brent,

   Just some clarification for me. Which one is the firmer? Yamaha or
Kluge? You're putting the firmer punchings on the performance instruments,
right? Our Hamburg D is starting to get a fairly hard feel at the end of
the keystroke and I've been considering replacing the felt punchings. It
gets a tremendous amount of use. Advice? Thanks.

Avery

>The concern of injury makes me think that for our piano studios
>it may be best to have one instrument with Yamaha punchings and the
>other with Kluge punchings.  There is definately more shock with
>the firmer punchings but on performance instruments it will be
>our strategy to use them throughout.  The conciseness of regulating
>dip with the Yamaha punchings has us even looking for a source
>for paper punchings thinner than toilet tissue.
>
>Brent.Fischer@ASU.EDU

Avery Todd, RPT
Moores School of Music
University of Houston