Can you imagine if the Journal...

Rob Kiddell atonal@planet.eon.net
Mon, 18 Nov 1996 09:55:45 +0000

Dave Stocker wrote:

THE question is: Do we want every scrap of technical info we have on a medium
where it can be shared with the entire world?

Like all things in life, there is a good side and a bad side. Good: we get
the info readily available. Bad: someone will probably get a hold of _some_
information and ruin a (potentialy) good piano.

Hmmmm, by my recollection, Arthur Reblitz's book on Piano Restoration
& Repair has been on the library shelves for a couple of decades now. Also,
this archive would presumably be available through PTG channels, (I
don't find copies of the Journal in my doctor's waiting room...)
Even if someone got their hands on the CD to do their own repairs,
the consistent high quality of the articles would ensure that they at
least had an idea of the job at hand. Who knows, it might even tweak
their interest enough to join PTG! Looking at all those Journals
certainly got me involved.

Regards,

Rob Kiddell
R.P.T., P.T.G.