Cleaning Dirty Ivories

jpiesik@arinc.com jpiesik@arinc.com
Mon, 18 Nov 1996 08:00:17 -0500

I'm surprised that nobody has yet mentioned CORY Keybrite keycleaner.  This
product is the safest and most effective for ivory, plastic, and ebony keys.
I've sold countless bottles of this stuff, and people love it!  (I love it too,
because I make money for very little effort - it sells itself!)  I use it on my
ivory keyboard.  It smells nice, too.  Used with a just slightly damp terry
cloth works best.

As far as using toothpaste (Rembrandt, Opalescence, etc.) on ivory keys, it is
not very effective, unless the ivory already has fairly good sheen to it, and
all you're looking for is a very mild "polishing."  Use rubbing compounds for
best results in polishing dull, lifeless ivory.  For cleanings, try CORY.

Regards,

John Piesik
Piesik's Piano Service
Carlsbad, CA