Grand Carriage

Rick.Florence@ASU.Edu Rick.Florence@ASU.Edu
Fri, 22 Nov 1996 11:21:39 -0700

>We have a 9' Yamaha with those large, very smooth-rolling brass casters with
>>the brake and it doesn't seem to have a problem.
>
>Jeff Stickney, RPT
>University of Montana
>jpage@selway.umt.edu

Jeff,

If the Yamaha has no problem with the brass casters why not order some for
the Steinway (from Pianotek)?  Our rule here at ASU is that if you don't
need the truck, get the piano back on the stage.

There are two advantages:

The piano, when grounded to the stage floor, sounds much better.

When the wheels are locked, the pianist will never have to worry about
chasing the piano around the stage during the performance - although I'm
sure that there is some new music score written somewhere that calls for
such.

OK, there are three advantages - it looks a whole lot better!

Later,

----
Rick Florence, Piano Technician
Arizona State University School of Music
Rick.Florence@ASU.Edu