Fork or Float

MHoffman11@aol.com MHoffman11@aol.com
Mon, 02 Sep 1996 11:11:50 -0400

In a message dated 96-09-02 00:55:25 EDT, yardbird@sover.net (Bill Ballard)
writes:

<< Right on. It took me years to figure out why pianos should be tuned twice
 a year, Spring and Fall. If you're tunning at six month intervals, summer
 and winter tunings will be done when the piano is most bent out of shape.
 At Spring and Fall the climate conditions are generally coming through
 the zero line of the annual roller coaster. Are we self-serving by tuning
 a piano at times of year whose climate conditions are roughy similar. No,
 we're saving the piano wear and tear.

With all due respect, Bill,  would you please tell my banker, credit card
companies, vendors, etc., that I only pay my bills in the Spring and Fall???

DON'T BLAME THE WEATHER!     EDUCATE the owner and SELL them a Piano Life
Saver System.  If they choose not to take care of their instrument properly,
 don't worry about what time of year that the piano is being serviced.
 Period.

If they complain about the instrument changing pitch/tuning, refer them to
the literature that you left them regarding climate control.

Best Wishes,

Mike Hoffman, RPT