dust/tone/warped lids

Ronald R Shiflet ron_and_lorene@juno.com
Mon, 02 Sep 1996 12:02:59 -0800 (PST)

Mitch,
	I'll leave the dust and tone question alone but I would like to
comment on your statement,  " I like to keep the lid open (in my home)".

	Time and time again I have seen lids warp from leaving it propped
open constantly.  This seems to hold true regarless of manufacturer.  I
don't blame you for wanting the appearance and tone benefits but after you finish playing, it's a good idea to close the lid.
	If you slowly open the lid, you will notice that it doesn't open
evenly but rather the front opens first, the lid torques and finally the
back opens.  While propped, you can actually lift up on the back of the
lid without lifting the front due to the bend in the lid during normal
propping (watch those fingers).

Ron Shiflet, RPT