Key Bushings

Joseph Vitti JVITTI@ccmail.sunysb.edu
Wed, 04 Sep 1996 10:10:00 -0400 (EDT)

                       Stony Brook, NY

                                            Joseph Vitti
                                            Piano Technician
                                            Music
                                            516 632-7330
                                            04-Sep-1996 09:57am EDT
FROM:  JVITTI
TO:    Remote Addressee                     ( _pianotech@byu.edu )

Subject: Key Bushings

I'm sorry if I sound like I'm pushing a product (which I am) but I have found
Protek Prolube to be a great product for key bushings. If you don't want to
spray the pins you can put a few drops on the bushings. I have even treated the
felt before re-bushing the keys, just make sure it cures for a few days before
gluing the felt to the keys.

Prolube has the advantage of molecular bonding to the felt or pin. It is a
stronger formula than CLP so it will withstand heavy playing friction.It is
also a product like CLP which was designed for pianos and not a crossover from
another industry.

Joe
JVITTI@ccmail.sunysb.edu