Mr. Clean Blues

William Bailer Wbailer@cris.com
Thu, 05 Sep 1996 10:23:38 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 4 Sep 1996, Bonifield-Poulson wrote:

>This recipe seems to be 2/3rds of a solution recommended by one of my
>clients for reformulating finishes, something along the lines of one
>of the Formsby products.  I believe the missing ingredient is one part
>vinegar.   Patrick Poulson, RPT

Pat,

I am very doubtful about the vinegar.  Vinegar is mostly water, and I
cannot see how it could contribute to a process that includes nothing
that is water soluable.  Vinegar will also leave an unstable acid
residue, AND water evaporates very slowly.  Adding any vinegar at all
would just make a mess; seems to me.  Does anyone know any more about
this?

Bill Bailer

\\\  William Bailer                              wbailer@cris.com
\\\  Rochester, NY, USA                       phone: 716-473-9556
\\\  Interests: acoustics, JSBach, anthropology, piano technology