Mason&Hamlin CC

== sjr440@ideasign.com
Thu, 05 Sep 1996 21:17:15 +0000

I have a Mason & Hamlin concert grand that has severe loss of tone and power,
almost as if there is no crown on the soundboard. I do know at one time the
tension resonator was lose enough to cause some buzzing. It is my
understanding that it was tightened just enough to stop the buzzing. Also,
someone has crammed wedges between the beams and the ribs to try to force
some height on the board. (with no success). My question is, has anyone ever
tried to adjust the tension resonator? I know it is not meant to be adjusted
after it left the factory. It was purchased in 1979, along with 2 7ft Mason
and Hamlins. This piano is not the concert instument any longer, they have
since replaced it with a 9'2" Fazioli. (lucky me!) It is a classroom piano
now. The 2 7 footers have no problems at all. Any feedback is appreciated!
Scott Rogers RPT