Yamaha Loaners?

Jeff Stickney jpage@selway.umt.edu
Sat, 07 Sep 1996 08:17:25 -0600 (MDT)

>>        Anyone else having problems with their Yamaha Loan/Lease pianos?
>>We are waiting to see if they are still coming this year. Anyone else? I
>>was unsubscribed for a few weeks, so sorry if this is an old subject.
>>
>>John Minor
>>Piano Technician
>>University of Illinois
>>jminor@uiuc.edu

John,
        We just got our shipment of 5 P22's and 2 Disklaviers, just in time
for the first day of classes.  Our problem was that a year ago a competing
local dealer threatened law suites, etc. because he thought it was illegal
and immoral for the University to be involved in the year-end sale.  The
whole thing blew over without any big problems except the University
realized it was illegal for them to give out an alumni list for advertising
the sale.  Yamaha decided that had to be a condition of the lease, the
University worked it out somehow, and we're all happy campers.  The only
draw-back now is that we have the sale in the spring, so we're without those
pianos until fall.  Hope y'all get your pianos soon.
Jeff Stickney, RPT
University of Montana
jpage@selway.umt.edu