Introduction

Jim Harvey harvey@sisna.com
Sun, 08 Sep 1996 19:42:21 -0500

> Bill Maxim, RPT
> Maxim Piano Service, Columbia, SC

Hi Bill, and welcome. It's good to see ANYONE else on the list from
S.C. I think you'll find that when the serious topics get going,
there is a lot of meat on the bones here.

Then there are the lulls, when digressions are... tolerated. The
message grouping you refer to represented one the single largest
downloads I've seen in a while, and I think the inordinate amount of
traffic was due to the *other* phenomenon of lists -- that of
hitting a subject spin-off that is just too exotic to pass up. Such
was the case for the double-reed sidetrack. But now we know there are
a lot of double-reed players in the group, that they march to a
different drummer (oh no), and that some of this rubs off on the
list! <G>

If I calculate correctly, we only have about twenty-eight other
instruments to cover before we get back to pianos. Speaking of
trombones...

Again, welcome.
Jim Harvey
Greenwood: The largest city in S.C. *without* an Interstate