REPETITION SPRING SIZES

scott.e.johnson@24stex.com scott.e.johnson@24stex.com
Tue, 10 Sep 1996 08:44:17 -0800

 At> Dear List,
 At> 1920's vintage? Aren't they supposed to graduate from the bass to the
 At> treble? This
 At> same piano I've been having all the trouble with has had the rep.
 At> are too long and quite a few are pressing on the wood when the jack is
 At> Thanks for any help.

 At> Avery

I remember having to cut the ends off the rep. springs when I put new jacks
in a SS (M), modernizing the whippens. I also remember replacing whippens and
noting 3 different dia. springs the thickest being in the bass. I think the
whippens should be numbered at the factory but I don't remember where.

Scott Johnson
Auburn, California
scott.e.johnson@24stex.com

___ Blue Wave/DOS v2.21 [NR]