1914 WEBER PINBLOCK

scott.e.johnson@24stex.com scott.e.johnson@24stex.com
Tue, 10 Sep 1996 08:44:19 -0800

 Be> Scott,
 Be> I have not seen any article on this subject, but I have done
 Be> this same job on a Sohmer. I left enough pinblock to line up
 Be> plate screws from the old to the new block. This assumes, of
 Be> course, that the old block was properly fit and you are leaving
 Be> the plate positioned as original.
 Be> Curtis Spiel, RPT

 The only place I could slide a business card up between the flange and the
 block was in the extreme bass so the fit of the old block is a problem there
 where I would need to be leaving a shelf.
 My friend Yvonne Ashmore says she is sure the old Weber blocks are mortised
 in. She remembers some info from Wally Brooks on replacing these blocks and
 remembered the removal process but not the installation. My friend Tremain
 Parsons suggested building a shelf. I'm still looking for information if any
 one can help.

 Thanks
Scott Johnson
Auburn, California