Andre Watts?

William Sadler sadle001@maroon.tc.umn.edu
Tue, 10 Sep 1996 14:46:16 -0500

John,

Last I heard and without getting wordy...He prefered the old scale to the
new S series.  This preference was shared by his technician.  He never
really was out of the Yamaha thing as rumored although he did use Steinways
for a few concerts. He was in discussions about what he prefered.  Yamaha is
providing him pianos with the older scale design.

That is the last I was told by a Yamaha insider.  It may be a rumor too.

>	Does anyone know if Andre Watts is still a Yamaha artist? Last
>time I tuned for him, in 1986, he had a Yamaha brought in. He'll be
>performing here soon and just wondered what the story is. Thanks for any
>help.
>
>John Minor
>Piano Technician
>University of Illinois
>jminor@uiuc.edu

William C. Sadler-RPT    Home  : 612-339-5182
School of Music          Office: 612-624-8575
Piano Technician         Pager : 612-538-3577
University of Minnesota  E-mail: sadle001@maroon.tc.umn.edu