Baldwin Grand Action rails

Gilreath@aol.com Gilreath@aol.com
Wed, 11 Sep 1996 20:15:11 -0400

David,

I had a similar situation with an old Howard a couple of years ago.  Since
this was a trade in, we didn't want to sink a lot of money into an instrument
like this so we simply repaired it.  All you have to do is remove the shanks,
work epoxy into the crack, clamp it back together with hand screws and
redrill holes as necessary.  BTW, be sure that the holes, or the crack,
 don't go all the way through the rail.  If so, remove the rail and cover the
bottom w/ masking tape.  This instrument has been in a home for several years
now and is working fine.

Actually, this operation is pretty easy to perform if you've ever repaired a
split bridge.

Feel fre to email me directly if any of this isn't clear.

Happy gluing!!

Allan Gilreath, RPT
Gilreath Piano & Organ Co.
Berry College