squeaky damper tray

Bill Stratton bill.stratton@chemek.com
Thu, 12 Sep 1996 01:57:29 +0000 (GMT)

PA>Newton Hunt wrote:
PA>>
PA>>e.
PA>>
PA>> Check to see that the pitman pins is not touching the metal tray.
PA>>
PA>>Friends,

PA>Newton is really amazing and I appreciate his contributions to this list.
PA>This was exactly the problem I have found on one stubborm Samick.  It is
PA>unfortunate that the factory is not set up to control this sort of
PA>problem.

PA>Paul Stephens, PLS

The Samick I had difficulty with on the "squeaky" pedal turned out to be
damper wires squeaking in the guide rail. All I did was rub my oily
fingers on the wire and that took care of the squeak. I am, however, not
convinced it won't start squeaking again. What would be the "correct"
lubrication for this problem?

Bill Stratton RPT
Salem

---