Hupfeld-Phonola

Eric Leatha tunrboy@TELEPORT.COM
Wed, 11 Sep 1996 20:15:37 -0800

Gentlemen and Ladies of our Esteemed Forum,

I have muddled myself in the quagmire of yet another dilemna.  The store in
which I am gainfully employed would like their Grotrian-Steinweg grand
equipt with a Hupfeld-Phonola player to actually play.  This piano was
extensively rebuilt and the player (from what little I know about them)
looks to be rebuilt.  It's condition:

Player plays, but is quite anemic.  There are several openings hissing, but
I have no more hoses to plug them.
I realize the historical and financial importance of this instrument and
want very much to bring it to its former glory.  In order to do this I need
information.  Can anyone recommend a compendium, atlas or otherwise giving
curriculum vitae relating to this unique breed of player?  Further, any
text on the principals of pneumatic reproducers would be of immense aid for
I plead ignorance in this realm of pianoVerk (but not disinterest).
Thank you for any suggestions or comments,

Eric Leatha, RPT
Portland, OR
tunrboy@teleport.com
"Brains first...  Then the hard work"