Live Chat Session (this evening...)

John Musselwhite musselj@cadvision.com
Wed, 11 Sep 1996 20:44:15 -0600

At 10:05 AM 09/09/96 -0400, Ron wrote:

>I will be hosting the Detroit-Windsor Chapter meeting this evening and
>it will include an opportunity for those in attendance to do a little Web
>surfing.  If anyone is interested in chatting on the #pianotech channel
>(IRC), I'll check in there starting at around 9pm ET.  Hey!  A joint
>chapter meeting on the internet....has that been done yet??

I wish I'd gotten this message Monday instead of Wednesday! Our chapter
meetings are on the third Wednesdays of the month, and maybe if there are
other chapters meeting on a specific night we could get together for it!
I'll always join in, anyway.

Last night (Tuesday) there were 12 participants in the IRC chat room all
together, with six at one time being the average (until it got late). Bill
Bailer and I finally closed things off after 1 AM  MDT. It was great fun!

Discussions ranged from how to produce tone to how to kill it, hammers and
moldings, bass strings and many other piano-related (and the usual non-piano
related) subjects. All together we talked for about five hours!

>Ron Torrella				Check out The Piano Page at:
>Asst. Piano Technician	      http://www.prairienet.org/arts/ptg/homepage.html

Perhaps something about the #pianotech IRC channel could go on the Piano
Page somewhere?  Email me if you're interested...

			John

John Musselwhite, RPT
Calgary, Alberta Canada
musselj@cadvision.com