Water Grinder/Sharpeners

Clark A. Foerster cfoerster@thegrid.net
Fri, 13 Sep 1996 13:05:55 -0700 (PDT)

I'm interested in getting feedback by owners and users of the water-type
grinder/sharpeners.  Grizzly, Makita, Delta, and Tormek make them, among
others.  I'm particularly interested if anyone has purchased the Tormek
2004 and what their experience has been.  I want something fast, easy,
reliable and suited for a variety of sharpening requirements.  My primary
need is to sharpen chisels and I believe the rounded bevel acquired from a
vertical wheel is superior to the flat bevel from a conventional flat
stone.  The speeds of most shop grinders are too fast and always put the
metal temper at risk.  I'm tired of fooling with them.  Any thoughts about
this subject of sharpening?

Clark Foerster RPT