Harpsichord Wire

Avery Todd ATodd@UH.EDU
Fri, 13 Sep 1996 16:58:57 -0500

List,
   Since I'm sure a lot of you have to also do harpsichords, I have a
question. I'm having a problem with the coils coming unwound on the hitch
pin end. These strings are from the maker, John Phillips, and come
precoiled. They're done almost exactly like piano bass strings.
   I just replaced one yesterday that was coming unwound and I discovered
today that the new one is doing the same thing.
   Does anyone know of a way to correct one that has already started
unwinding and/or to prevent a new one from doing the same thing? Maybe a
drop of CA glue? :-)
   It's being used for a faculty chamber music concert Monday night, with a
new faculty member playing it and I need to solve this problem quickly. Any
help would be GREATLY appreciated.
   Thanks.

Avery

Avery Todd, RPT