Water Grinder/Sharpeners

EBordeleau@aol.com EBordeleau@aol.com
Sat, 14 Sep 1996 00:17:21 -0400

<< I'm interested in getting feedback by owners and users of the water-type
 grinder/sharpeners. >>

I bought a Tormek motorized water stone last year after looking at a lot of
different machines and getting tired of always reaching for a chisel and
finding a dull or nicked edge (seems the boys in the shop wouldn't sharpen it
if they could just reach into the drawer and find another sharp one - at the
end of the week I had a drawer full of dull chisels - and plane blades, and
knives...).  The Tormek is simple to set up, works fast, and produces a good
edge - a real no-brainer to use.  Because of the hollow grind, you can touch
up the edge several times on a flat (japanese style) water stone before
putting it back on the wheel.  And now my workers sharpen their own chisels
instead of leaving me to do it!