Harpsichord Wire

Jim pianotoo@IMAP2.ASU.EDU
Fri, 13 Sep 1996 23:25:00 -0700 (mst)

When I was at the Baldwin Co., we had a problem with the tenor strings in
the SF10 7' piano.  We ended up using an abrasive mixed in a grey binder
solution which was brushed on the twisted portion of the pigtails.  Very
thin core wire was used on these notes in relation to the tension.  The
higher tension was the main cause.  We also found it necessary to have at
least 3 parallel wraps in front of the twisted portion, and they muct
be tight.  Sometimes the maker, in breaking off the final wrap may loosen
the other wraps.

Jim Coleman, Sr.