Yamaha keytops

Edwin A. Hilbert hilbert@panther.middlebury.edu
Sun, 15 Sep 1996 16:32:11 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Jim,  I am several weeks behind on the list, so this may have been
covered...

	I have noticed that often there are notices with complaints about
pianos or manufacturers with accompanying questions as to how to deal
with the problem.  In the original complaint about the way Yamaha treated
this technician he complained to us (the list) and received sympathy for
his mistreatment by Yamaha.  But here, as so often in other posts, it
appears that the technician has come to the list for advice before going
to the company with his concern.

	Yamaha, Kawai, Steinway, etc. are all great companies with
excellent techincal assistance departments.  All of them are ready and
willing to offer advice, and yet the posts on this list often don't go to
the manufacturers first.  Still they will complain about a problem which
the manufacturer would be pleased to explain and resolve before it is
aired to the entire world by way of this list.

	Should PTG become involved in such matters?  Not in my opinion!
I personally feel we have no right to ask PTG to become advocates for any
of us, and in so doing adversaries of the companies which do so much to
work with us and to support us and PTG.  We should be able to work out
our problems with the companies on our own if we go to them directly.
And that would certainly be the case with Yamaha as they are one of the
best in the industry in this respect.

	I too would be very interested in hearing the rest of the story
on this matter, but suspect it would not shed bad light on Yamaha if we
had all the details.

Ed Hilbert, RPT