Thanks, etc.

Charles Ball ckball@mail.utexas.edu
Sun, 15 Sep 1996 21:18:55 -0500

Dear Don,

Sorry to take so long to respond to this post--the past few weeks have been
incredibly busy with the start of school and all its projects.

I just wanted to let you know that we have decided to hold a CAUT forum at
the Texas State Seminar, Oct. 31-Nov. 3, in Austin.  I am in charge of
scheduling all the instructors, so I have given little thought to topics
that we might discuss at our forum, which I think I am to host.

Do you have any suggestions?  Have you received any responses to your post?

This seminar usually attracts about 100 technicians.  I expect that at least
10-15% will be associated in some manner with a college or university.

Thanks,

Charles

At 04:58 PM 8/9/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Sorry this post is not as timely as it should be. I was on a restful (lazy)
>vacation.
>
>This is a reply and thanks in regard to Scott Thile's review of the CAUT
>Forum he posted last month. Many thanks to everyone who made this event
>possible in Dearborn. I would like to remind everyone who has yet to
>respond to my query (see below) at the PTG convention to please do so as
>soon as possible. This will help the CAUT Committee and conference
>organizers in planning future forums. The query was published in the recent
>CAUT Newsletter for those who could not attend the event in Dearborn.
>Please keep in mind that the query is for anyone doing any kind of
>institutional work.
>
>There was some interest in the file I created that uses the formula from
>The Guidelines for Effective institutional Maintenance. This was created
>using FileMaker Pro 3.0 for Mac. (I can make up a file using 2.1) I will
>send a copy of the template to anyone interested. It is not very hard to
>set up if you want to try it yourself. E-mail or phone me if you have any
>questions. I can also send printed copies of the file to anyone interested
>in setting up on another database program. Five dollars will cover my costs
>for sending a disk or printed material.
>

>Query:
>I would like to have your help in compiling a reference sheet of suggested
>CAUT forum subjects. This will be used to help conference organizers plan
>an event we can all look forward to. Please answer the questions below and
>return them to me as soon as possible.
>
>What topics would you like to see addressed at regional/annual CAUT forums?
>
>Would you like to conduct a forum and on what topic?
>
>If convenient, what are your thoughts on visiting a college or university
>near the conference site to hold a forum?
>
>Don McKechnie
>1660 Slaterville Rd.
>Ithaca, NY 14850
>607/277-7112
>dmckech@ithaca.edu
>
>P.S.
>I have been trying to find information on the Web regarding lesser known
>piano competitions. All the *biggies* are there but not many of the smaller
>ones. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I am attempting to help
>a friend walk into that wild world with small steps first. Please send the
>information to my e-mail address.

Charles Ball
School of Music
University of Texas at Austin